Straight talking Commercial Property advice


Commercial EPC`s (Energy Performance Certificate's)

If you are selling or letting a commercial proeprty which includes a property over 50 square meters you must provide a commercial EPC before the commencement of marketing. The certificate will be similar to those produced for domestic properties and is used to assess the energy efficiency of the building. The commercial EPC will provide a rating and advice on how to make improvements to the building to make it more energy efficient.

Now, under the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) all commercial properties over 50 square metres in size require a commercial EPC upon construction, or prior to sale or lease of the property. This legislation will cover every commercial property from offices and small retail units to large scale commercial properties and public buildings.

There are exemptions to the requirement for a commercial EPC. These include temporary buildings that will be used for less than two years, low energy demand buildings, stand alone buildings that are less than 50 square metres in size and places of worship.

Contact Underwood Warmington for your EPC requirements.